This SETA accredited online course is aimed at the person in charge who requires accredited training as per regulation 10 of the R638 (South African Food Hygiene Regulations). The Skills Programme number is 09SP0002520301302/0 and consists of 13 credits.
To assist all food business with compliance with the R638 training requirements.
Entecom offers a FoodBev SETA online accredited skills programme by partnering with Cumulus Blue LMS platform and video-based technology which provides accessibility, convenience, affordability and flexibility for the person in charge of food businesses. The online course aims to bring about positive change in food safety standards and to contribute towards food business making food safer by doing things smarter.
- Improve food safety and quality standards in your food business
- Ensure that you comply with the training requirements for the person in charge as per the R638 requirements
- Understand the food legislation applicable to your food business and where to find it
- Lots of videos and supplementary info makes this course interesting and fun
- Go at your own pace
- Reduced travelling and accommodation costs normally associated with classroom training
- You can pause anytime whilst you and grab your favourite snack
- The reduced administrative burden associated with accredited courses, since all info captured once is automatically pulled through to other forms
- Personal coaching and support provider by your assessor where needed
- You may just fall in love with our beautiful presenter
Entecom has partnered with Cumulus Blue, which have provided the LMS platform and video-based technology to ensure that the online course is informative, interesting and engaging and will provide you with the best learning experience.
You will take approximately 16 hours to complete online. You are required to complete all the formative and summative assessments within 4 weeks of enrolling on the online course.
There are 3 modules and a formative assessment is completed after each module. You will be assigned to an assessor who will be available via email and WhatsApp to support you throughout the process. You will need to have mastered all formative assessments prior to being allowed to continue to the final assessment process. Once all formative assessments are completed, you will be advised of the final assessment date. The course needs to be completed within a 4 week period. A final assessment which is in the form of a short knowledge test and a simulated video-based workplace assessment is practical and enjoyable for all who take this course.
- 120403 – Apply Good Manufacturing Practices as part of a Food Safety System (4 credits)
- 120404 – Maintain personal hygiene, health and presentation in a food environment (4 credits)
- 120416 – Apply personal safety practices in a food or sensitive consumer product environment
- The Certificate of Acceptability
- Food Safety Hazards, pathogens and food poisoning
- Food Safety Policy, Document and Record control
- Facilities and premises
- Equipment and utensils
- Incoming raw material control
- Process Control and calibration
- Pest Control
- Personal Hygiene and Grooming
- Cleaning and Sanitation
- Traceability and Product Recall
- Temperature Control and monitoring procedures
- Thawing and Defrosting
- Serving and Display of Food
- Staff training
- Storage and distribution
- Food Fraud and Food Defence
- Personal safety practices, protective clothing and safety gear
- Safety emergencies and safety signs
- and much more….
By the completion of the course, you will be equipped with the required food safety knowledge and motivated to lead your food safety team towards Safer Food and Smarter Business.
Get where you need to be and sign up today.