FSSC 22000 is fast becoming one of the more popular audit standards in South Africa. It is GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) approved, widely accepted all over the globe and is becoming the go-to standard for large players in the food industry.
The workshop addresses both the ISO 22002-4 requirements detailing the prerequisite programmes on food safety that food packaging material manufacturers must comply with, the ISO 22000 standard and additional FSSC requirements.
The course has been updated to include the new FSSC 22000 version 5 requirements which will be audited after January 2020.
- FSSC 22000 scheme certification requirements
- ISO 22000 and ISO 22002- 4
- Construction and layout of buildings
- Layout of premises and workspace & Warehousing
- Utilities – air, water and energy
- Waste disposal, Pest control and Cleaning & sanitising
- Equipment suitability, cleaning and maintenance
- Management of purchased materials
- Measures for the prevention of cross-contamination
- Personnel hygiene and employee facilities
- Withdrawal procedures and Rework
- Food packaging information/consumer awareness
- Food Defence and bioterrorism
- The requirements of a Food Safety Management System, Management Responsibility & Resource management
- Planning and realisation of safe food packaging (HACCP)
- Traceability system and control of non-conformity
- Validation, verification and improvement of the FSMS
- Food Safety System Improvement
- Additional requirements of the FSSC 22000 Standard
Who should attend?
Quality Assurance, Food Safety Team, Departmental Managers
The course is aimed at delegates who already have a good working knowledge of GMP and HACCP.
Various group activities throughout the training. A knowledge test at the end of the course covering the requirements of the FSSC 22000 standard.
- Learners receive a Certificate of Attendance for the FSSC 22000 Workshop\
- Course is presented by experienced facilitators with an intimate knowledge and working experience of Food Safety Management Systems
- Implement the new FSSC 22000 Food Packaging requirements
- Keep updated with the latest Food Safety requirements