As the world’s pre-eminent harmonized agricultural standard, GLOBAL.G.A.P. is now recognized in over 100 countries. The GLOBAL.G.A.P. Fruit & Vegetables Standard covers all stages of production, from pre-harvest activities such as soil management and plant protection product application to post-harvest produce handling, packing and storing.
GLOBAL.G.A.P. ensures the production of safe food, lays the foundation for the protection of scarce resources and provides reassurance for consumers. GLOBAL.G.A.P. is primarily designed to reassure consumers about how food is produced on the farm by:
- Minimizing detrimental environmental impacts of farming operations
- Reducing the use of chemical inputs
- Ensuring responsible approach to workers’ health, safety and animal welfare
This workshop is designed to provide delegates with an excellent overview of the requirements of the local.g.a.p. and GLOBAL.G.A.P.
GLOBAL.G.A.P. is a growing movement towards a universal brand. It is a single standard that identifies safe production methods, responsible use of resources and the welfare of employees and animals.
Who should attend?:
Farm Managers, Packhouse Managers, Farm Owners, Quality Assurance Personnel, Investors, Quality Personnel and Farm Administration Personnel.
- Soil Management, Substrates
- Pre-Harvest Controls for Plant Protection Product Application
- Organic Fertilizer Application, Pre-Harvest Check
- Harvesting, Final Produce Packing at Point of Harvest
- Produce Handling covering Hygiene, Sanitary Facilities
- Packing and Storage Areas, Quality Control, Pest Control
- Post-Harvest Washing, Post-Harvest Treatment
- Food Safety and Traceability
- Recall and Withdrawal Procedures
- Management of Workers and Contractors
- Identification & Control of Waste & Pollution Sources
- Environment (including Biodiversity)
- Food Defence (includes Food Defence Risk Assessment)
- GLOBAL.G.A.P Policy included
- Risk Assessment template included
- Guidance as to how to conduct a risk assessment
- BBBEE level 4 rated provider
- Course Handout