The HACCP study is a summary of the management of all the Food Safety hazards relevant to the particular product/process and is the most important component of the Food Safety Management In this course the Food Safety Team member will learn all about the 12 stages of HACCP implementation and will apply all stages to produce a HACCP study which will comply with FSSC 22000/ BRC/ SANS 10330 requirements.
This course is highly effective when presented as an in-house course for your Food Safety Team. It is most effective when presented as one day per week over five weeks as this allows sufficient time for the learners to research, collate and prepare information between sessions. Learners will have to complete a HACCP study on their own as part of the final assessment. This course is highly interactive and fast-paced. Learners will need to have attended HACCP for Supervisors prior to attending this course.
- Understand the Food Safety standards and legislation relevant to his/her organization eg. GFSI V6, Codex Alimentarius, SANS 10049, R962, FSSC 22000/ BRS/ ISO/ TS 22002-1
- Understand the role of the prerequisite programmes (GMPs) in the HACCP Study
- Understand the 12 stages of HACCP Implementation Know the 7 HACCP principles and how to apply the CCP decision tree correctly
- Compile a HACCP Study in accordance with the FSSC 22000 requirements
- The learners will visit their facility and compile and verify their process flow diagram plus the hazard analysis.
- Identify their CCPs in their respective workplaces and validate the CCP controls.
Learner competence will be determined by means of group case studies during the course presentation. A 3 hour written exam. A completed HACCP study according to the 12 Stages of HACCP implementation.
- Accredited Training course – recognized by the South African Qualifications Authority
- Competent learners will achieve a Certificate of Competence endorsed by the FoodBev SETA
- A HACCP study will be completed in accordance to certificate requirements
- Training can be conducted in English and Afrikaans
- Training is workplace based and customized to ensure relevancy and practical application
- Learners will each receive a copy of the ISO 22000 Standard
|Unit Standard Title||No.||NQF Level||Credits|
|Quality Control Practices||119802||3||6|
|Monitor and Control Quality Assurance Practices||119796||4||8|
|Conduct a HACCP study||123357||5||12|
|Monitor CCPs as an integral part of a HACCP System||120239||3||6|
|Total Credits 32|
|Articulation: Further Education and Training Certificate – Generic Management Level 4|