Claiming for SETA grants can be a nightmare if not done properly. Below are a few tips to bear in mind when submitting a claim.
Companies only receive points in this Skills Development Section if they are in compliance with:
- the Skills Development Act and the Skills Development Levies Act and are registered with the applicable SETA
- have developed and submitted a Workplace Skills Plan, which is to be approved by the applicable SETA
- have implemented programmes targeted at developing priority skills for black employed learners
Which documentation is needed to claim?
- Accredited training:
- Documentation substantiating the course and explain the course contents
- Proof of payment of a course indicating the individuals that attended the training.
- Interviews will be performed by your verification agency to confirm your claim
- Proper proof of registration of your skills programme
- Proof of registration of your SDF
- Proof of salaries or invoices.
- Certified Copies of ID’s of individuals
- Uncertified or Internal Training
Properly completed registers that displays the following information:
- Training Subject
- Time spent on training on that day
- Name of Trainers
- Name of Trainees
- Hourly/daily rate of trainers and trainees / learners
- Signature of trainers and trainees, which will confirm training received
- Race and genders of trainees
- Proof of purchases for books, stationary, accommodation paid, venue hire, and all related expenses.
For your claim on any training you have to submit proof of registration with SETA, proof of WSP Plan & Report as well as the latest EMP 201.
- Margaret Smith Consulting ODETD Practitioner